7.978, TOC: Anthropological Linguistics, vol. 38, no. 2

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Jul 5 03:54:32 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-978. Thu Jul 4 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  122

Subject: 7.978, TOC: Anthropological Linguistics, vol. 38, no. 2

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)
At the end of the issue is a statement of our policy regarding TOCs
and instructions on retrieving backlists of journal TOCs from our listserv.

----------------------------- Messages --------------------------------

**ANTHROPOLOGICAL LINGUISTICS, Volume 38, Number 2 (Summer 1996)**

CONTENTS

Sapir's Classifications: Haida and the Other Na-Dene Languages, ALEXIS
MANASTER RAMER

Dyadic and Polyadic Kin Terms in Gooniyandi, WILLIAM MCGREGOR

An Integrated Vocabulary of Mobilian Jargon, a Native American Pidgin
of the Mississippi Valley, EMANUEL J. DRECHSEL

DISCUSSION AND DEBATE

Historical Truths and Partisan Misrepresentations, STEPHEN O. MURRAY

BOOK REVIEWS

Wittgenstein on Mind and Language (David G. Stern), DAVID R. CERBONE

Language and Human Behavior (Derek Bickerton), ROBBINS BURLING

Analytical Lexicon of Navajo (Robert W. Young and William Morgan, Sr.,
with the assistance of Sally Midgette), SHARON HARGUS

Comanche Vocabulary: Trilingual Edition (Manuel Garcia Rejon,
compiler; Daniel J. Gelo, translator and editor), JEAN O. CHARNEY and
THOMAS W.  KAVANAGH

Atalohkana nesta tipacimowina: Cree Legends and Narratives from the
West Coast of James Bay, Told by Simeon Scott et al. (C. Douglas
Ellis), DAVID J. COSTA

Ergativity in Coast Tsimshian (Sm'algyax) (Jean Gail Mulder), JOHN
A. DUNN

Au pays des Innus: les gens de Sheshatshit (Jose Mailhot),
LOUIS-JACQUES DORAIS

"So Wise Were Our Elders": Mythic Narratives from the Kamsa (John
Holmes McDowell), E. JEAN LANGDON

Arabs and Arabic in the Lake Chad Region (Jonathan Owens, editor),
CATHERINE MILLER

Discrimination through Language in Africa? Perspectives on the
Namibian Experience (Martin Putz, editor), CAROL M. EASTMAN

Language Attitudes in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Sociolinguistic Overview
(Efurosibina Adegbija), WILLIAM J. SAMARIN

The Ancestry of the Chinese Language (William S.-Y. Wang, editor),
WILLIAM G. BOLTZ

Language Change in Child and Adult Hebrew: A Psycholinguistic Perspective
(Dorit Diskin Ravid), ELIEZER BEN-RAFAEL

Spanish in Four Continents: Studies in Language Contact and Bilingualism
(Carmen Silva-Corvalan, editor), LAURA MARTIN

Improvisational Poetry from the Basque Country (Gorka Aulestia; Lisa
Corcostegui and Linda White, translators), JAMES FERNANDEZ

                                  *******
Annual subscription rates
(for 4 issues): $30 for U.S. individuals; $38 for
non-U.S. individuals; $45 for U.S. institutions; $55 for non-U.S.
institutions. Payment should be in U.S. funds by check or postal money
order made payable to _Anthropological Linguistics_. Visa and
MasterCard are also accepted.

Subscriptions and inquires should be sent to: Anthropological
Linguistics, Student Building 130(C), Indiana University, Bloomington,
IN 47405 USA; fax: (812) 855-7529; e-mail: <anthling at indiana.edu>. For
abstracts and more information, visit our website at:
<http://www.indiana.edu/~anthling>.

We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues and working
papers if they are of reasonable length; and we maintain journal backlists
on our listserv.  Our resources, however, do not allow us to post the tables
of contents of books.

Available journal backlists include:
	LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
	compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)
	AIReview lst (Artificial Intelligence Review)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at tamvm1.tamu.edu