7.999, Qs: Comp ling, North Am lgs, Showing appreciation, Syntax

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Jul 9 16:51:13 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-999. Tue Jul 9 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  141

Subject: 7.999, Qs:  Comp ling, North Am lgs, Showing appreciation, Syntax

Date:  Fri, 05 Jul 1996 12:54:40 -0000
From:  hh112 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Subject:  Qs: Computational Linguists from Non-Linguistics Background

2)
Date:  Sat, 06 Jul 1996 21:34:26 CDT
From:  fcosws at prairienet.org (Steven Schaufele)
Subject:  search for materials for a survey of North American languages

3)
Date:  Mon, 08 Jul 1996 09:22:26 EDT
From:  ewb2 at cornell.edu
Subject:  applauding vs. knocking on the table

4)
Date:  Tue, 09 Jul 1996 15:50:09 +0200
From:  decloitr at cict.fr
Subject:  Qs syntax

Date:  Fri, 05 Jul 1996 12:54:40 -0000
From:  hh112 at eng.cam.ac.uk

Dear friends,

I am writing to ask whether you know of any computatonal linguist who
is from non-linugistics (such as Engineering or Computer Science)
background, but is serving now in a linguistics-related department.

I obtained my PhD from Information Engineering Division, Cambridge
Univerisity Engineering Department, England. This information will be
used to help the approval of my hiring case in a university in
Taiwan. Therefore, your reply will be very much appreciated.

If you know of any C.L.  or you are the person described above, I will
be more than happy to hear from you. Please email me the following
information: his/her name, where(department and Univeisity) did he/she
get his/her degree, and where he/she is serving.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Hsue-Hueh Shih