7.1053, Qs: Lg & obesity, Games for Russian Lg Testing, Russian Tests

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Jul 19 22:59:24 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1053. Fri Jul 19 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  121

Subject: 7.1053, Qs: Lg & obesity, Games for Russian Lg Testing, Russian Tests

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)

Date:  Fri, 19 Jul 1996 16:06:32 +0900
From:  inouen at rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp (Narahiko INOUE)
Subject:  language and obesity

2)
Date:  Fri, 19 Jul 1996 14:55:01 CDT
From:  isolonko at copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Irina Soloncova)
Subject:  Games for Russian Language Teaching

3)
Date:  Fri, 19 Jul 1996 15:07:00 CDT
From:  isolonko at copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Irina Soloncova)
Subject:  Standardized Russian Tests

Date:  Fri, 19 Jul 1996 16:06:32 +0900
From:  inouen at rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp (Narahiko INOUE)

Dear Colleagues:

A student in our MA program is trying to find references about the
relationship between obesity and language behaviors.  She is currently
particularly interested in phonetic features (acoustic and auditory
features) of obese people's speech sounds.  She is planning to record
several obese and normal people's speech (reading of texts, singing,
interview).  Recording obese people's speech is planned to take place
in three-month intervals in the course of their counseling.

Any lead to a broader topic of language (ways of speaking) and
clinical conditions of the speaker is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Narahiko INOUE, Ph.D.
Institute of Languages & Cultures
Graduate School of Social and Cultural Studies
Kyushu University, Ropponmatsu, Fukuoka 810, JAPAN
Phone:(+81)92-726-4667(direct) FAX:(+81)92-726-4511