7.1057, Qs: Parts of speech, Feature geometry, Vernaculars

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Jul 22 00:04:14 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1057. Sun Jul 21 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  120

Subject: 7.1057, Qs: Parts of speech, Feature geometry, Vernaculars

Date:  Fri, 19 Jul 1996 22:28:00 +0900
From:  PXX06625 at niftyserve.or.jp ("PXX06625 at niftyse")
Subject:  the theory of parts of speech

2)
Date:  Sat, 20 Jul 1996 09:52:37 BST
From:  wcli at vax.ox.ac.uk
Subject:  Q: feature geometry

3)
Date:  Thu, 18 Jul 1996 13:22:00 CDT
From:  caroline at sqn.com (caroline nachman)
Subject:  'la haine' and contemporary vernaculars

Date:  Fri, 19 Jul 1996 22:28:00 +0900
From:  PXX06625 at niftyserve.or.jp ("PXX06625 at niftyse")

I am interested in the theory of parts of speech, particularly in the
FULL vs.  EMPTY distinction. Would you, please, help me by providing a
few more recent bibliographical references? Also, with finding a
publication I have been unable to get hold of:

GERNET, J. 1957. Lユexpression de la couleur en
chinois. Problemes de la couleur, Paris: S.E.V.P.E.N. [Jacques Gernet?
Journal or book? What is S.E.V.P .  E.N.?]

Thanks in advance.  CSERESNYESI, Laszlo Shikoku Gakuin Univ.,Japan