7.1059, Qs: Beta testers for phonology font, Persian NLP, Web queries

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Jul 23 01:11:33 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1059. Mon Jul 22 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  129

Subject: 7.1059, Qs: Beta testers for phonology font, Persian NLP, Web queries

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)

Date:  Sun, 21 Jul 1996 18:03:08 EDT
From:  michael at cascadilla.com (Michael Bernstein)
Subject:  beta testers for phonology font

2)
Date:  Sun, 21 Jul 1996 15:35:12 -0000
From:  apl2c at cogsci.ed.ac.uk (APL2C)
Subject:  Persian NLP and Speech

3)
Date:  Mon, 22 Jul 1996 12:15:09 BST
From:  mr4 at ukc.ac.uk ("M.Rius-Riu")
Subject:  Web queries

Date:  Sun, 21 Jul 1996 18:03:08 EDT
From:  michael at cascadilla.com (Michael Bernstein)

Cascadilla Press has completed initial development and testing of a
font for phonological structures, and we're looking for a few
Macintosh users who are willing to beta test the font and tell us how
well it works.  All you need is a Mac running System 6 with TrueType
or any version of System 7, and a printer.

Moraic (the font) contains pieces for connecting adjacent levels of
phonological structure with solid lines, dashed lines, and
dissociation lines (solid lines with two slashes through them).  It is
not designed for connecting non-adjacent levels of structure.

If testing goes well, we will soon have a final version of Moraic for
both Macintosh and Windows.  If you would be willing to test the font,
please send me an e-mail note directly at michael at cascadilla.com.  If
you would like to receive an announcement when we have a final version
of the font, please send an e-mail note to moraic at cascadilla.com.

Yours,
  Michael Bernstein
  Cascadilla Press