7.1062, Qs: AAVE, Child's ergativity, Contextual grammars

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Jul 23 17:04:36 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1062. Tue Jul 23 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  127

Subject: 7.1062, Qs: AAVE, Child's ergativity, Contextual grammars

Date:  Mon, 22 Jul 1996 14:28:07 BST
From:  lagunoff at ucla.edu (Rachel Lagunoff)
Subject:  Query: AAVE pronunciation

2)
Date:  Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:34:04 EDT
From:  decaen at chass.utoronto.ca (Vincent DeCaen)
Subject:  Q? child's ergativity?

3)
Date:  Mon, 22 Jul 1996 16:04:53 +0700
From:  kappes at psc.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Subject:  Contextual Grammars

Date:  Mon, 22 Jul 1996 14:28:07 BST
From:  lagunoff at ucla.edu (Rachel Lagunoff)

How is the acronym AAVE (African American Vernacular English)
pronounced?

Rachel Lagunoff
lagunoff at ucla.edu

"In those days, I was trying to write my dissertation.  Before you
become a professor, you have to write a book which is boring enough so
that even you cannot bear to read it over.  Once you have done this,
you are free to write as you please, but can't."

-  Mark Helprin, A Vermont Tale