7.1075, Qs: Chinese, Lg arts ed, Engl phonology, Bangani

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Jul 25 16:34:47 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1075. Thu Jul 25 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  126

Subject: 7.1075, Qs: Chinese, Lg arts ed, Engl phonology, Bangani

Date:  Wed, 24 Jul 1996 19:40:09 +0200
From:  fred at kirjasto.kirjasto.kaarina.fi ("F.Baube(tm)")
Subject:  Chinese Character Stroke Data ?

2)
Date:  Wed, 24 Jul 1996 16:38:50 PDT
From:  jrubba at harp.aix.calpoly.edu (Johanna Rubba)
Subject:  Query: CA language arts

3)
Date:  Wed, 24 Jul 1996 23:23:53 CDT
From:  mortega at indiana.edu (mortega)
Subject:  English phonology

4)
Date:  Thu, 25 Jul 1996 12:18:58 +0200
From:  martinha at zedat.fu-berlin.de (Martin Haspelmath)
Subject:  Q: Bangani (India)

Date:  Wed, 24 Jul 1996 19:40:09 +0200
From:  fred at kirjasto.kirjasto.kaarina.fi ("F.Baube(tm)")

I am looking for a data base (in electronic form) of Chinese
characters, giving (as a minimum) the strokes they contain and their
order of drawing.  Additional information might be their approximate
X/Y location within the given character.

Preferably this material would be in the public domain.

Can anyone point me to such data ?

Fred Baube
fred at kirjasto.kaarina.fi