7.810, Sum: machine translation

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Jun 2 13:43:07 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-810. Sun Jun 2 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  201

Subject: 7.810, Sum: machine translation

Date:  Sun, 02 Jun 1996 08:38:37 +0800
From:  itxulm at scut.edu.cn (XU LUOMAI)
Subject:  Summary, machine translation

Date:  Sun, 02 Jun 1996 08:38:37 +0800
From:  itxulm at scut.edu.cn (XU LUOMAI)

About 2 weeks ago, I posted a request for web sites from where references
about the application of neural networks in the field of machine translation
can be found. I received some helpful information from the following people:

R*mi Zajac
Chris Brockett
Marie-Louise Hannan
Tim Pulju

and I would like to express my sincere thanks to them here. I have
downloaded the 3rd and the 8th chapters of the book *Survey of the State of
the Art of Human Language Technology", and found excellent references for
both chapters.

1. From: Remi Zajac <rzajac at crl.nmsu.edu>

2. From: chrisbro at halcyon.com (Chris Brockett)

3. From: hannan at citi.doc.ca (M.-L. Hannan [TAO])

4. From: "PULJU, T J" <PULJU at ricevm1.rice.edu>
>Try Sydney Lamb at the following address:
>
>smlamb at rice.edu
>
>He started researching machine translation and networks over thirty years
>ago.  He hasn't published much, but he does have a few articles and a lot
>of good ideas.
>
>--Tim Pulju

Xu Luomai
English Department