7.933, Qs: Honor societies, Polish, MT English, Uriagereka

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Jun 27 03:11:16 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-933. Wed Jun 26 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  118

Subject: 7.933, Qs: Honor societies, Polish, MT English, Uriagereka

Editor for this issue: aristar at tam2000.tamu.edu (Anthony Rodrigues Aristar)

Date:  Tue, 25 Jun 1996 16:48:42 EDT
From:  Zman890 at aol.com
Subject:  Linguistic Honor Societies

2)
Date:  Wed, 26 Jun 1996 12:49:01 +0200
From:  HTH at SHD.DE (Heiko Thetens)
Subject:  Dictionaries

3)
Date:  Tue, 25 Jun 1996 19:41:49 EDT
From:  brunettl at ERE.UMontreal.CA (Brunette Louise)
Subject:  Samples of MT English to French translations needed

4)
Date:  Wed, 26 Jun 1996 16:34:56 EDT
From:  yjang at husc.harvard.edu (Youngjun Jang)
Subject:  Uriagereka's book on minimalism

Date:  Tue, 25 Jun 1996 16:48:42 EDT
From:  Zman890 at aol.com

     I am a second-year graduate student interested in joining an
honorary society or organization.  The only society with a chapter on
my campus is Phi Kappa Phi.  However, I would much rather become a
member of a society affiliated with linguistics or applied
linguistics.  I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if such
an honorary society or organization exists and, if so, could direct me
in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Jennifer van Vorst
zman890 at aol.com