7.441, Qs: Product text, English/French, Clitics, Anthropology

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Mar 23 15:20:14 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-441. Sat Mar 23 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  193

Subject: 7.441, Qs: Product text, English/French, Clitics, Anthropology

Date:  Fri, 22 Mar 1996 23:05:12 +0100
From:  Jorg.Roellinghoff at ping.be (Jorg Roellinghoff)
Subject:  product-accompagnying texts

2)
Date:  Fri, 22 Mar 1996 17:04:30 +0100
From:  bill at softdom.com (Bill Holowacz)
Subject:  [u]/[y] substitution in English/French bilinguals

3)
Date:  Fri, 22 Mar 1996 17:10:54 EST
From:  lizanne.kaiser at yale.edu ("Lizanne Kaiser (GD 1999)")
Subject:  CLLD and CLRD in Complex Sentences

4)
Date:  Thu, 21 Mar 1996 08:18:14 CST
From:  fkarttunen at mail.utexas.edu (Frances Karttunen)
Subject:  Mexican anthropology

Date:  Fri, 22 Mar 1996 23:05:12 +0100
From:  Jorg.Roellinghoff at ping.be (Jorg Roellinghoff)

I am interested in product-accompagnying texts (not only instructions
for use, but also descriptions on the packaging, promotional
information leaflets and catalogues) from a linguistic as well as from
a practical point of view (marketing). I should like to know about
current research in this field. Does anybody know about collections of
these kinds of texts in German, English, French or other languages? Or
research projects investigating the influence of badly translated /
written texts on consumer attitude? Or projects aiming at their
optimization?

There must have been an exhibition on the subject about two years ago
in Darmstadt, but I have not yet been able to find out by which
institution it was organized. Perhaps one of the German subscribers to
the LinguistList knows something about it?

I would appreciate your help! Please send mail to the above address (my
husband's). Thank you in advance.

Barbara Gutermann

J=F6rg Roellinghoff            Jorg.Roellinghoff at ping.be
                              	      Rue L. Titeca 13