7.453, Qs: Software, Bilinguals, Syntax, Subliminal

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Mar 25 13:48:39 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-453. Mon Mar 25 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  184

Subject: 7.453, Qs: Software, Bilinguals, Syntax, Subliminal

Date:  Sun, 24 Mar 1996 22:51:38 +0100
From:  jacobson at msh-paris.fr (Michel JACOBSON)
Subject:  software on phonology

2)
Date:  Sun, 24 Mar 1996 23:01:32 +0100
From:  bill at softdom.com (Bill Holowacz)
Subject:  [u]/[y] substitution in English/French bilinguals

3)
Date:  Mon, 25 Mar 1996 11:17:54 +0700
From:  machteld.verhelst at arts.kuleuven.ac.be ("Machteld Verhelst")
Subject:  syntax tests, intelligence

4)
Date:  Mon, 25 Mar 1996 22:10:28 +1030
From:  powers at ist.flinders.edu.au ("David M. W. Powers")
Subject:  Subliminal Audition

Date:  Sun, 24 Mar 1996 22:51:38 +0100
From:  jacobson at msh-paris.fr (Michel JACOBSON)

Dear Linguists,

Actualy, I'm creating for my doctorat, a software to help linguists to make
phonologic analysis.

This software will be able to stock a corpora containing:
        . text informations : signifiant in a API font and signified in a
classic spelling.
        . oral informations : recording speech in a numerous file.

This software will be able to analyse the corpora in a fonctionnal
linguistic way. It can establish the list of phonemes and the description
of the phonologic system.

Some tools can help the researcher to parameter his analyse. For exemple :
        definition of some pertinents contexts
        using his own signs replacing the API ones
        searching a sign in the corpora
        etc

I'm wondering if other similars projects have already been developped or
are intend to be. I'm also wondering if someone know about phonologic
analysis softwares with others approachs (generative, distributionnal...)
and if a WEB site exist on this theme... etc.

Thank you for your help.

        Michel. Jacobson
        6, rue Paul BERT
        92000 Nanterre, France