7.481, Qs: Ordinal numerals, Philippines, Sapir-Whorf, Thou and you

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Mar 29 16:39:41 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-481. Fri Mar 29 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  180

Subject: 7.481, Qs: Ordinal numerals, Philippines, Sapir-Whorf, Thou and you

Date:  Thu, 28 Mar 1996 19:37:54 EDT
From:  lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)
Subject:  ordinal numerals

2)
Date:  Fri, 29 Mar 1996 13:14:02 +1100
From:  h9405049 at student.anu.edu.au (Baden Hughes)
Subject:  Q:Lg Planning in Philippines

3)
Date:  Fri, 29 Mar 1996 13:55:27 GMT
From:  D.W.Salt at derby.ac.uk (Sam Salt)
Subject:  Sapir-Whorf/Consciousness

4)
Date:  Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:53:56 +0100
From:  firth at hum.auc.dk (Alan Firth)
Subject:  thou and you

5)
Date:  Fri, 29 Mar 1996 09:30:04 +0100
From:  kuehnle at str.daimler-benz.com ("KUEHNLE")
Subject:  Reading sugggestion after Whorf's original

Date:  Thu, 28 Mar 1996 19:37:54 EDT
From:  lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)

Hi,

could anyone provide me with information on ordinal numerals (or the
category that replaces them) in

Quechua (any dialect would do)
Guarani
Camsa (or any language that is closely related to it)

I would be grateful for any hints on good grammars or any kind of
studies done on those languages. My library research has been very
unsuccessful so far.

I will summarize if there is interest.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,