7.658, Qs: Gossip, Course, German, Millenium, Software

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat May 4 13:08:11 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-658. Sat May 4 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  142

Subject: 7.658, Qs: Gossip, Course, German, Millenium, Software

Date:  Fri, 03 May 1996 09:06:30 EDT
From:  Quint101 at aol.com
Subject:  Gossip

2)
Date:  Fri, 03 May 1996 14:02:22 +0200
From:  iajavi at usc.es ("F. Javier Diaz Perez")
Subject:  Summer courses

3)
Date:  Fri, 03 May 1996 13:54:52
From:  J.Treffer at nias.knaw.nl ("J. Treffers-Daller")
Subject:        German as a foreign language

4)
Date:  Fri, 03 May 1996 11:15:36 CDT
From:  coreym at ukraine.corp.mot.com (Corey Miller)
Subject:  referring to the new millenium

5)
Date:  Fri, 03 May 1996 01:17:17 EDT
From:  millert at babbage.csee.usf.edu (Timothy Miller)
Subject:  Wanted: Software for learning vocabulary

Date:  Fri, 03 May 1996 09:06:30 EDT
From:  Quint101 at aol.com

I am currently polishing a paper concerning the empowering aspects of GOSSIP
as it applies to forging new relationships between persons of like gender.
While Deborah Tannen offers some keen insight into this function of Gossip, I
am anxious for input from other sources. Specifically, are these new
relationships based on the flow of information about people and events? Do
they require this interchange of gossip to remain vital?

Quint