7.659, FYI: SLRF Proposal, Resources, Corrections

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat May 4 13:15:25 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-659. Sat May 4 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  186

Subject: 7.659, FYI: SLRF Proposal, Resources, Corrections

Date:  Sat, 04 May 1996 00:23:43 PDT
From:  ADUDSIC at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject:  SLRF 97 Site Proposal Call

2)
Date:  Fri, 03 May 1996 12:38:10 -0300
From:  raukko at cc.Helsinki.FI (Jarno Raukko)
Subject:  a fatal typo in item 7.541: 2

3)
Date:  Fri, 03 May 1996 10:17:46 BST
From:  kitao at unix.lancs.ac.uk (KENJI KITAO)
Subject:  On-line Resources Related to ELT and Linguistics available

4)
Date:  Sun, 28 Apr 1996 08:54:43 +1000
From:  L.Zhang at bendigo.latrobe.edu.au (Lizhong Zhang)
Subject:  Re: 7.630, FYI: Web Site on Speaking Chinese

Date:  Sat, 04 May 1996 00:23:43 PDT
From:  ADUDSIC at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU

- -------------------Call for SLRF '97 Site Proposals---------------------

The SLRF '96 (Second Language Research Forum) Planning Committee invites
proposals to host SLRF '97.  The proposal should include descriptions of the
following:

- Human resources - number of students and faculty interested in
	working on SLRF.  While this is a student-run conference, there
	should be at least one faculty member working as advisor to your
	planning committee.

- Potential financial resources

- Proposed dates for SLRF '97

- Conference plan (i.e., number of plenaries, colloquia, paper sessions),
	as well as any other distinguishing features of your proposal

- Social events planned

- Proposed conference rates

- Hotel accomodations

	--Transportation to host university

	In addition to this information, please let us know the possibility of
sending a representative to SLRF '96 at the University of Arizona in Tucson,
AZ, October 24-27, and whether your university has hosted SLRF before.  The
proposal should be submitted on behalf of a committee which is already
established.  Proposals should not exceed 1000 words in length.  Deadline for
submission is July 1, 1996.  Send proposals to,

				Yvonna Roepcke & Tully Thibeau
				Co-Chairs SLRF '96
				c/o SLAT
				ML 347