7.725, Qs: Cherokee, Programs,Lg origin,multiling,Unknown lg

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue May 21 15:43:03 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-725. Tue May 21 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  141

Subject: 7.725, Qs: Cherokee, Programs,Lg origin,multiling,Unknown lg

Date:  Fri, 17 May 1996 17:41:21
From:  ZZRP07A at prodigy.com (MISS KATHERINE E SWINFORD)
Subject:  Cherokee

2)
Date:  Fri, 17 May 1996 23:02:17 EDT
From:  anita at romulus.ncsc.mil ("Anita H. Kulman")
Subject:  Linguistics programs

3)
Date:  Mon, 20 May 1996 14:41:00 +0200
From:  linguis at maties.sun.ac.za
Subject:  origin of language

4)
Date:  Mon, 20 May 1996 09:44:00 EDT
From:  LROSENWALD at WELLESLEY.EDU (Larry Rosenwald)
Subject:  Looking for transcriptions of multilingual conversations

5)
Date:  Mon, 20 May 1996 10:37:58 +0200
From:  gadelii at ling.gu.se (Karl Erland Gadelii)
Subject:  unknown language

Date:  Fri, 17 May 1996 17:41:21
From:  ZZRP07A at prodigy.com (MISS KATHERINE E SWINFORD)

I am currently in the process of writing a historiography/linguistic
analysis on the Cherokee people and their language.  I have a good
number of sources, however, they all date from the 1960's or earlier.
 Does anyone have any information on this group of people and  their
language?  I would also love to have an actual recording of the
spoken language.  If anyone has any information or knows of someone
with the information, please contact me as soon as possible.  Thanks!
    K. Meehan