7.730, Qs: Address, Pubs, Paraling, Bugwords, Dictionary

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed May 22 14:25:40 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-730. Wed May 22 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  153

Subject: 7.730, Qs: Address, Pubs, Paraling, Bugwords, Dictionary

Date:  Tue, 21 May 1996 10:49:21 PDT
From:  byrne at ling.ucsd.edu (William Byrne)
Subject:  torrego

2)
Date:  Tue, 21 May 1996 18:12:57 EDT
From:  Sfguitars at aol.com
Subject:  Linguist: Laura Cassotta

3)
Date:  Mon, 20 May 1996 15:57:10 BST
From:  jobert at sunlyon3.univ-lyon3.fr (Manuel JOBERT)
Subject:  paralinguistics

4)
Date:  Wed, 22 May 1996 10:48:39 -0000
From:  LarsAnders.Kulbrandstad at postkontor.hamarlh.no (Lars Anders Kulbrandstad)
 (Lars Anders Kulbrandstad)
Subject:  Question: Bugwords in dictionaries

5)
Date:  Wed, 22 May 1996 12:31:57 +0200
From:  LISH at warthog.ru.ac.za ("SALLY HUNT")
Subject:        Query: English-Russian Learners' Dictionary

Date:  Tue, 21 May 1996 10:49:21 PDT
From:  byrne at ling.ucsd.edu (William Byrne)

I'm looking for Esther Torrego's email address.

Thanks!

-Bill Byrne (wbyrne at ucsd.edu)
Date:  Tue, 21 May 1996 18:12:57 EDT
From:  Sfguitars at aol.com

Searching for any of her publications.
Date:  Mon, 20 May 1996 15:57:10 BST
From:  jobert at sunlyon3.univ-lyon3.fr (Manuel JOBERT)

I am currently working on the use of paralinguistic features of speech
(such as they are defined by ABERRCOMBIE, CRYSTAL, BROWN, Gillian or F.
POYATOS) in literature. I am particularly interested in the way these
non-contrastive phonetic features, which are referred to in novels (eg. ...
"he said sharply"), are then "oralised" on audio-tapes for instance. Would
anybody be interested?
People interested in paralanguage know that there are many existing
theoretical frameworks. I'd also be interested in a theoretical discussion
on, for instance, the status of prosodic --stricly speaking, pitch,
intensity, tempo etc.-- features in a "paralinguistic" analysis... etc.
Best wishes,

Manuel Jobert
U.E.R. anglais
Universit=E9 Lyon III