7.738, Jobs: Applied Linguistics, Chair at U. of Copenhagen

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu May 23 14:00:43 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-738. Thu May 23 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  110

Subject: 7.738, Jobs: Applied Linguistics, Chair at U. of Copenhagen

Date:  Thu, 23 May 1996 09:28:16 EDT
From:  dseely at emunix.emich.edu (Daniel Seely)
Subject:  Applied Linguistics

2)
Date:  Thu, 23 May 1996 12:22:24 +0200
From:  maj at coco.ihi.ku.dk (Maj-Britt Mosegaard Hansen)
Subject:  Chair at U. of Copenhagen

Date:  Thu, 23 May 1996 09:28:16 EDT
From:  dseely at emunix.emich.edu (Daniel Seely)

Second announcement--

                Dept. of Foreign Languages and Literature
                National Sun Yat-sen University
                Taiwan, Kaohsiung

        We have a tenure track position for the rank of assistant professorship
through full professorship starting August 1, 1996.  The applicants must
have a Ph. D. degree in Applied Linguistics and have experience in teaching
ESL or EFL abroad. The appointee will be expected to help develop a
curriculum in the four language skills for our program.  The appointee will
teach 8-10 hours a week in a four-year undergraduate English program, with
the incoming students' proficiency estimated as high-beginning or
low-intermediate.  Our goal is to help students develop their English
ability in all the four skills and we expect them to reach the advanced
proficiency when they graudate from our program.  It would be considered an
advantage if the applicants can provide examples of curriculum design and
explain the rationale behind the design.

        If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send,
either elctronically or by snail mail, a letter of application describing
experience and specialization, vita, transcripts and three letters of
recommendation to the following address:

        Search Committee
        Dept. of Foreign Languages and Literature
        National Sun Yat-sen University
        Kaohsiung, Taiwan

        Phone: 886-07-351-6171, ext. 3052
        fax:   886-07-531-9543
        email address: fjteng at mail.nsysu.edu.tw

All appliations will be acknowledged and the process of application will go
on until the position is filled.