7.749, Disc: Linguistic Society of America & Political Correctness

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri May 24 16:51:34 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-749. Fri May 24 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  220

Subject: 7.749, Disc: Linguistic Society of America & Political Correctness

Editor for this issue: aristar at tam2000.tamu.edu (Anthony Rodrigues Aristar)

Date:  Fri, 24 May 1996 11:12:33 CDT
From:  ZZLSA at gallua.gallaudet.edu
Subject:  LSA and political correctness

2)
Date:  Wed, 22 May 1996 23:02:23 CDT
From:  asheldon at maroon.tc.umn.edu (Amy L Sheldon)
Subject:  Re: 7.734, Disc: Linguistic Society of America & Political Correctnes

Date:  Wed, 22 May 1996 23:24:35 CDT
From:  pdaniels at press-gopher.uchicago.edu (Peter Daniels)

Date:  Thu, 23 May 1996 00:26:27 EDT
From:  seth at MIT.EDU
Subject:  Re: 7.734, Disc: Linguistic Society of America anti-discrimination cr
iteria for meeting sites

5)
Date:  Thu, 23 May 1996 09:44:51 GMT
From:  104LYN at muse.arts.wits.ac.za ("M. Lynne Murphy")
Subject:        RE: LSA's policies

6)
Date:  Thu, 23 May 1996 13:30:32 +0200
From:  plag at Papin.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE ("Ingo Plag")

Date:  Fri, 24 May 1996 11:12:33 CDT
From:  ZZLSA at gallua.gallaudet.edu

The LSA's policy on meeting site selection is:

LSA affirms its policy to hold its meetings only in cities
where its members are afforded legal protection from
discrimination on the basis of age, gender, national
origin, marital status, physical ability, race, religion,
or sexual orientation; and, that lsa notify the potential
convention cities of the LSA policy regarding site selection
and, specifically, that cities that do not afford such legal
protection are excluded from consideration as possible LSA
sites.