7.1559, Jobs: Descriptive or psycholinguist, Spanish language

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Nov 4 03:50:31 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1559. Sun Nov 3 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  112

Subject: 7.1559, Jobs: Descriptive or psycholinguist, Spanish language

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: robinson at emunix.emich.edu (Susan Robinson)

Date:  Sun, 03 Nov 1996 15:28:18 PST
From:  dlpayne at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU (Doris Payne)
Subject:  University of Oregon: Possible descriptive or psycholinguist

2)
Date:  Sun, 03 Nov 1996 20:21:00 EST
From:  clayton at indiana.edu (Mary Clayton)
Subject:  job: Spanish language instruction, second language acquisition

Date:  Sun, 03 Nov 1996 15:28:18 PST
From:  dlpayne at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU (Doris Payne)

			UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
		  POSSIBLE TENURE-TRACK POSITION

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Oregon announces
that a regular tenure-line position may become available, pending
budgetary approval, beginning Fall 1997.  The position is advertised
at the Assistant or early Associate Professor level.  Salary will be
dependent on qualifications and experience.

We invite applications from qualified individuals in empirical
descriptive linguistics or psycholinguistics.  Candidates must have
completed the Ph.D. degree by the time of appointment.  An excellent
record of research and publication is a must, as well as evidence of
excellence in classroom teaching.

Relative to empirical descriptive linguistics, we seek a candidate
with strong grounding in the functional approach to morphosyntax and
discourse, field work with non-European languages, and
cross-linguistic grammatical typology.

Relative to psycholinguistics, we seek a candidate with strong
grounding in functional approaches to grammar and discourse,
experimental cognitive psychology, cognitive science, empirical
quantitative methods (experimental, text-based, etc.), and language
processing.

The successful candidate in either area will, in his or her work, be
able to contribute to several foci within the Department.  We enjoy a
long tradition of work within the functionalist and typological
tradition, with major concentrations in descriptive field work,
experimental linguistics, second language acquisition and teaching,
and cognitive science.

Please submit a letter of application which includes a statement of
research interests, vitae, sample publications, and have three letters
of reference sent to:

	Search Committee
	Department of Linguistics
	University of Oregon
	Eugene, Oregon  97403

Review of applications will begin on January 6, 1997, and will
continue until position is filled.

For more information consult our web site at logos.uoregon.edu, or
contact Doris Payne, Chair (dlpayne at oregon.uoregon.edu).

The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act.