7.1645, Qs: Humor, 'Renumber' program, Moscow Linguistic Journal

The Linguist List linguist at unix.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 22 16:33:31 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1645. Fri Nov 22 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  108

Subject: 7.1645, Qs: Humor, 'Renumber' program, Moscow Linguistic Journal

Moderators: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar: Texas A&M U. <aristar at unix.tamu.edu>

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at unix.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: robinson at emunix.emich.edu (Susan Robinson)

Date:  Wed, 20 Nov 1996 01:11:13 PST
From:  gokdayi at u.washington.edu (Hurriyet Gokdayi)
Subject:  Qs:Books about Turkish, Arabic, Persian, Urdu dealing with humor

2)
Date:  Wed, 20 Nov 1996 18:15:42 +0100
From:  g7m at dns.unife.it (Sergio Scalise)
Subject:  'Renumber' program

3)
Date:  Wed, 20 Nov 1996 08:50:35 +0300
From:  Jerome.Serme at mrash.fr (Jerome Serme)
Subject:  Moscow Linguistic Journal

Date:  Wed, 20 Nov 1996 01:11:13 PST
From:  gokdayi at u.washington.edu (Hurriyet Gokdayi)

Dear Linguists,

I am researching on the use of jokes in conversation among college
students from Middle Eastern countries, with varying degree of
proficiency in English.  The languages of my concentration are
Turkish, Arabic, Persian and Urdu.

I am looking for articles and books on humor-joke-verbal play in the
above mentioned languages or any theoretical work in English dealing
with the above cultures in the same subject(s).

Thank you for your help.  Please respond to my email address:
<gokdayi at u.washington.edu>  I'll try to post a summary.