7.1647, Qs: MS by Ger Reesink, First dictionary, Comparison of adjs

The Linguist List linguist at unix.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 22 18:44:35 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1647. Fri Nov 22 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  107

Subject: 7.1647, Qs: MS by Ger Reesink, First dictionary, Comparison of adjs

Moderators: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar: Texas A&M U. <aristar at unix.tamu.edu>

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at unix.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: robinson at emunix.emich.edu (Susan Robinson)

Date:  Wed, 20 Nov 1996 18:47:51 +0100
From:  leusch at zedat.fu-berlin.de (Torsten Leuschner)
Subject:  Qs: Tracing MS by Ger REESINK

2)
Date:  Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:07:56 PST
From:  AKAYE at ccvax.fullerton.edu ("Alan S. Kaye")
Subject:  FIRST DICTIONARY & GRAMMAR

3)
Date:  Wed, 20 Nov 1996 17:04:45 EST
From:  JACJEM16 at delphi.com
Subject:  Re: comparison of adjectives in Romance & Germanic languages

Date:  Wed, 20 Nov 1996 18:47:51 +0100
From:  leusch at zedat.fu-berlin.de (Torsten Leuschner)

Dear fellow LINGUISTs,

I am in the middle of a paper on metaphors in the development of
complex sentences and would like to see an unpublished manuscript by
Ger P.  REESINK called

"Grammaticalization of Some Clausal Conjunctions in Papuan Languages."

This paper is a revised version of a lecture (originally called
"Discourse is Space: the Grammaticalization of Metaphor in Papuan
Clause Marking") at the 1988 Oregon Grammaticalization Symposium which
never made it into the ensuing two-vol. collection (Benjamins 1991).

The editors of the collection, Elizabeth Traugott and Bernd Heine,
have declared unable to help. I wonder: Is there anyone out there who
either has the above-named paper in their collection and would be
willing to share their copy with me, or can help me locate Ger
Reesink, so I can get in touch with him (or her)?

Any help will be much appreciated. Many thanks,

Torsten Leuschner

(doctoral student in Linguistics, Freie Universitaet Berlin, Germany)