7.1683, TOC: Australian Review of Applied Linguistics (ARAL) 19,2

The Linguist List linguist at unix.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 29 19:41:50 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1683. Fri Nov 29 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  101

Subject: 7.1683, TOC: Australian Review of Applied Linguistics (ARAL) 19,2

Moderators: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar: Texas A&M U. <aristar at unix.tamu.edu>

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at unix.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)
At the end of the issue is a statement of our policy regarding TOCs
and instructions on retrieving backlists of journal TOCs from our listserv.

----------------------------- Messages --------------------------------

Table of Contents:

Australian Review of Applied Linguistics (ARAL):
The journal of the Applied Linguistics Association of Australia

Volume 19, Number 2, 1996

ISSN 0155-0640
(c) ALAA

Editor:
Dr Anthony Liddicoat
Department of Linguistics
Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

			CONTENTS

Kristina Love: "Talk Around Text: Acquiescence or empowerment in
		secondary English."

Jack Burston: "CALL at the Crossroads: Myths, realities, promises
		and challenges."

Chantal Crozet: "Teaching Verbal Interaction and Culture in the
		Language Classroom."

Bronwen Dyson: "The Debate on Form-Focused Instruction: A
		teacher's perspective."

Calvin D. Smith: "Competing Constraints in Alternative Dispute
		  Resolution: The interactional achievement of
		  formality and informality in mediation."

Peter Ninnes: "Language Maintenance among Vietnamese-Australian
	       Students."

Yuki Sayeg: "The Role of Sound in Reading Kanji and Kana: A
	     review."

Reviews:
Delia Chiaro. "The language of jokes: Analysing verbal play."
		Anthony Liddicoat

For information on how to obtain ALAA publications, contact:

Dr Francis Mangubhai
ALAA Business Manager
Centre for Language Learning and Teaching
University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba, QLD 4350, Australia
Tel: +61 76 31 1804; Fax: +61 76 31 1801.
Email: mangubha at usq.edu.au

We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues and
working papers if they are of reasonable length; and we maintain
journal backlists on our listserv.  Our resources, however, do not
allow us to post the tables of contents of books.

Available journal backlists include:
	AFRICL LST   (Linguistique Africaine)
	AIReview lst (Artificial Intelligence Review)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)
	compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
	LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at tamvm1.tamu.edu