7.1684, TOC: Applied Linguistics Association of Australia Series S,13

The Linguist List linguist at unix.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 29 19:52:01 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1684. Fri Nov 29 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  97

Subject: 7.1684, TOC: Applied Linguistics Association of Australia Series S,13

Moderators: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar: Texas A&M U. <aristar at unix.tamu.edu>

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at unix.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)
At the end of the issue is a statement of our policy regarding TOCs
and instructions on retrieving backlists of journal TOCs from our listserv.

----------------------------- Messages --------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Applied Linguistics Association of Australia (ALAA)

The Language Testing Cycle: From Inception to Washback
	Gillian Wigglesworth & Catherine Elder (Eds.)

Series S, Number 13, 1996

ISSN 0817-9514

(c) ALAA

CONTENTS:

Catherine Elder and Gillian Wigglesworth: "Perspectives on the Testing
		Cycle: Setting the scene."

Lesleyanne Hawthorne: "The Politicisation of English: The case of the
		STEP test and the Chinese Students."

Rosemary Baker: "Developing Language Tests for Specific Populations."

Carolyn E. Turner and John A. Upshur: "Developing Rating Scales for
		the Assessment of Second Language Performance."

Nikhat Shameem and John Read: "Administering a Performance Test in
		Fiji Hindi."

Tom Lumley and Annie Brown: "Specific-purpose Language Performance
		Tests: Task and interaction."

Joy McQueen: "Rasch Scaling: How valid is it as the basis for
		content-referenced descriptors of test performance?"

Michelle Chalhoub-Deville: "Test Interpretation, Test Use, and
		Pedagogical Implications."

Yoshinori Watanabe: "Investigating Washback in Japanese EFL
		Classrooms: problems of methodology."

For information on how to obtain ALAA publications, contact:

Dr Francis Mangubhai
ALAA Business Manager
Centre for Language Learning and Teaching
University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba, QLD 4350, Australia
Tel: +61 76 31 1804; Fax: +61 76 31 1801.
Email: mangubha at usq.edu.au

We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues and
working papers if they are of reasonable length; and we maintain
journal backlists on our listserv.  Our resources, however, do not
allow us to post the tables of contents of books.

Available journal backlists include:
	AFRICL LST   (Linguistique Africaine)
	AIReview lst (Artificial Intelligence Review)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)
	compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
	LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at tamvm1.tamu.edu