7.1412, All: LINGUIST ON-LINE CONFERENCE

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Oct 11 01:46:47 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1412. Thu Oct 10 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  127

Subject: 7.1412, All: LINGUIST ON-LINE CONFERENCE

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Date:  Thu, 10 Oct 1996 21:39:26 EDT
From:  dseely at emunix.emich.edu (Daniel Seely)
Subject:  LINGUIST ON-LINE CONFERENCE

Date:  Thu, 10 Oct 1996 21:39:26 EDT
From:  dseely at emunix.emich.edu (Daniel Seely)

- --------LINGUIST ON-LINE CONFERENCE LAST REMINDER----------

This is the final announcement of the LINGUIST on-line conference

	    "Geometric and Thematic Structure in Binding"

which will take place from Oct 14 through Nov 4.

Please see the conference Web Page at:

http://www.emich.edu/~linguist/linconf/

for full details.

If you do not have access to the Internet please note that
although sponsored, organized, and run by LINGUIST, this
conference will not go out as regular issues to LINGUIST subscribers.
To "attend," one must subscribe to a special conference list.  Please
follow these steps to do so:

Send an email message to:

        listserv at tamvm1.tamu.edu

The message should consist of the single line:

        subscribe linconf firstname lastname

Ex:     subscribe linconf Jane Doe

One can subscribe at any time before or during the conference.
Participants will be automatically unsubscribed from the linconf list
when the conference is over.

Conference Program (see above Web Site for full version):

	     GEOMETRIC AND THEMATIC STRUCTURE IN BINDING
		    October 14 to November 4, 1996

			       PROGRAM
			 (Alphabetical Listing)

			  Keynote Address by

			    HOWARD LASNIK

	Professor of Linguistics at University of Connecticut
		      Research Affiliate at MIT

	     "On Certain Structural Aspects of Anaphora"

George Aaron Broadwell.. Switch-Reference Phenomena as Evidence for
			 Structure-Based Approaches to Binding Theory

Martin B. Everaert...... Thematic Hierarchies and Binding Theory:
			 Evidence from Greek

Robert Hamilton......... Reflexivity, Anaphoricity, or Polymorphemicity?

Jeffrey L. Lidz......... On the Independence of Syntactic
			 and Thematic Binding

Ruth Reeves............. De Se/Non De Se Representation in Long-Distance
			 Dependencies

Carol Tenny............. Short Distance Pronouns and Locational Deixis

Elly van Gelderen....... Historical Binding Domains

Roberto Zamparelli...... A Null Theory of Bound-Variable Pronouns

Larisa Zlatic........... Syntactico-Semantic Approach to Binding:
			 Evidence from Serbian

We encourage all those who are interested in the conference
theme to subscribe and actively participate in the discussion.
As this is a our first conference, we also encourage suggestions
about all aspects of conference proceedings.

Thank you

LINGUIST MODERATORS

Anthony Aristar			 aristar at tam2000.tamu.edu
Helen Aristar-Dry		 hdry at emunix.emich.edu