7.1414, Qs: E. German advertising,Books by R. T. Lakoff, Greek online

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Oct 11 04:35:24 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1414. Thu Oct 10 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  93

Subject: 7.1414, Qs: E. German advertising,Books by R. T. Lakoff, Greek online

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)

Date:  Tue, 08 Oct 1996 20:47:16 BST
From:  ABARRON at ollamh.ucd.ie ("ANNE BARRON (GERMAN) PG")
Subject:  East German advertising language

2)
Date:  Tue, 08 Oct 1996 21:43:14 +0300
From:  druuskan at cc.helsinki.fi (Deborah D K Ruuskanen)
Subject:  Re: Query: Books by Robin Tolmach Lakoff

3)
Date:  Thu, 10 Oct 1996 06:32:37 -0000
From:  sspina at mbox.vol.it (Stefania Spina)
Subject:  Q: greek alphabet

Date:  Tue, 08 Oct 1996 20:47:16 BST
From:  ABARRON at ollamh.ucd.ie ("ANNE BARRON (GERMAN) PG")

Hello all, I was wondering does anyone know whether anything has been
written on the subject of advertising in East Germany / the reception
of Western advertising in the East, particularly with regard to
biblical or proverbial references, which would most likely be foreign
to Easterners?  Thanks, Anne Barron