7.1479, Qs: Light verbs, Proto-Indo-European, CALL PhD program

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Oct 21 00:05:50 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1479. Sun Oct 20 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  114

Subject: 7.1479, Qs: Light verbs, Proto-Indo-European, CALL PhD program

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Date:  Fri, 18 Oct 1996 12:53:32 BST
From:  colominas_carme at trad.upf.es
Subject:  light verbs

2)
Date:  Thu, 17 Oct 1996 20:16:27 PDT
From:  100723.3701 at compuserve.com (Ron Smith)
Subject:  proto-indo-european

3)
Date:  Sun, 20 Oct 1996 14:28:46 MDT
From:  mmisanch at acs.ucalgary.ca ("Melanie Misanchuk")
Subject:  CALL PhD program

Date:  Fri, 18 Oct 1996 12:53:32 BST
From:  colominas_carme at trad.upf.es

Item Subject: Texto de mensaje

I'm writing my dissertation on light verb constructions in German and
Catalan, for example:

(1) eine Entscheidung treffen
(2) in  Anspruch nehmen

(I am planning to do a formalization withhin HPSG)

I am especially interested in the following issues: 1)the synatctic
and semantic conditions on the nominal expressions appearing in these
constructions, and 2)the aspectual/Aktionsart characteristics of these
constructions.

I have access to most of the basic bibliography on such constructions
but I am interested in finding anything new/unpublished on this topic,
and woukld also be interested in discussing these constructions with
others who are currently working on them.  Please contact me at:
carme_colominas at trad.upf.es

Thanks,

Carme Colominas
Facultat de Traduccis i Interpretacis