7.1484, Qs: British/American Engl, Orel and Stolbova, Questions

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Oct 22 13:55:03 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1484. Tue Oct 22 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  106

Subject: 7.1484, Qs: British/American Engl, Orel and Stolbova, Questions

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Date:  Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:54:27 +0200
From:  Hamjohn at alfa.vte.fi (John Hammink)
Subject:   British/American English

2)
Date:  Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:31:45 -0000
From:  cpeust at gwdg.de
Subject:  Qu: V.E. Orel, O.V. Stolbova

3)
Date:  Tue, 22 Oct 1996 16:33:07 +0300
From:  wide at ling.helsinki.fi (Camilla Wide)
Subject:  About questions

Date:  Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:54:27 +0200
From:  Hamjohn at alfa.vte.fi (John Hammink)

In a couple of weeks, I MUST deliver a lecture concerning the
differences between British and American english especially in
academic writing.  I'm perusing the ERIC virtual library, and looking
at standard samples of such writing, but trying to come up with
general comparisons and differences of each has proved impossibly time
comsuming.

There must be some good material written on the subject.  (I'm a
monkey's uncle otherwise!)  If anyone in either or both (or neither)
of the subject countries can point me to written material concerning
this, I would appreciate it immensely!

Terveisin!

John Hammink
hamjohn at alfa.vte.fi