7.1521, Qs: Ethnographic software, Semantic interpreters, Pragmatics

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Oct 28 06:16:37 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1521. Mon Oct 28 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  126

Subject: 7.1521, Qs: Ethnographic software, Semantic interpreters, Pragmatics

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)

Date:  Sun, 27 Oct 1996 08:34:31 PST
From:  TUCKER at nh1.nh.pdx.edu ("G. Tucker Childs")
Subject:        Ethnographic software

2)
Date:  Sat, 26 Oct 1996 01:40:01 EDT
From:  delegz at rpi.edu (ZOILA DELEG)
Subject:  Semantic interpreters/analyzers -- How do they work?

3)
Date:  Sun, 27 Oct 1996 17:16:27 +0300
From:  firth at hum.auc.dk (Alan Firth)
Subject:  PRAGMATICS, 2nd edition

Date:  Sun, 27 Oct 1996 08:34:31 PST
From:  TUCKER at nh1.nh.pdx.edu ("G. Tucker Childs")

Could anyone give me their (comparative) opinions on the
following programs used for enthnographic fieldwork?  I
myself have used only Shoebox and that only for linguistic
analysis.  Please add to the discussion any comparable
programs you know of.

Nudist
Ethnographic software developed by David Seidel
Shoebox

Thanks.  I'll summarize.  - Tucker

G. Tucker Childs
Applied Linguistics