7.1299, Qs: PC dictionary, Text abstraction, Mood

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Sep 18 15:25:08 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1299. Wed Sep 18 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  146

Subject: 7.1299, Qs: PC dictionary, Text abstraction, Mood

Date:  Sun, 15 Sep 1996 15:41:45 +0200
From:  hiro-t at ias.tokushima-u.ac.jp (hiro-t)
Subject:  Query: PC dictionary

2)
Date:  Tue, 17 Sep 1996 19:13:23 +1000
From:  pajj at power1.snu.ac.kr
Subject:  Technique for text abstraction

3)
Date:  Wed, 18 Sep 1996 10:50:37 CDT
From:  lnjvo at cc.newcastle.edu.au (John Oaklands)
Subject:  mood puzzle

Date:  Sun, 15 Sep 1996 15:41:45 +0200
From:  hiro-t at ias.tokushima-u.ac.jp (hiro-t)

Dear colleagues,
   I am writing an item of an English-Japanese collocational
dictionary, especially, _man_. I am told that I have to write about
the paraphrase relationships between the two words, such as _chairman_
and _chairperson_, _fireman and _fire fighter_, etc. Does anyone
introduce me such a PC dictionary? I only know there is a dictionary
called DOT published by the USA Governemnt in 1977, but it is rather
too old. I want to know the present, more contemporary, situations
about this matter.

   Thanks in advance. I will write a sumamry soon. I am looking
forward to your reply.

Best Wishes,
Hiroaki Tanaka, Associate Professor,
Tokushima University, Japan