7.1326, FYI: WWW Stress System Database, PHIL-LIT LIST announcement

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Sep 24 14:28:20 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1326. Tue Sep 24 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  114

Subject: 7.1326, FYI: WWW Stress System Database, PHIL-LIT LIST announcement

Date:  Mon, 23 Sep 1996 13:35:17 BST
From:  todd.bailey at psy.ox.ac.uk ("Todd M. Bailey")
Subject:  FYI: WWW Stress System Database

2)
Date:  Mon, 23 Sep 1996 12:25:29 +1200
From:  k.kearns at ling.canterbury.ac.nz (Kate Kearns)
Subject:  PHIL-LIT LIST announcement

Date:  Mon, 23 Sep 1996 13:35:17 BST
From:  todd.bailey at psy.ox.ac.uk ("Todd M. Bailey")

Dear colleagues:

In doing my thesis I compiled a list of primary (word) stress systems
in some 140 languages (largely based on Hayes 1995 and Halle &
Vergnaud 1987).  Hoping this might be useful to others, I've put it in
a database accessible as a web page at URL

http://cogsci1.psych.ox.ac.uk/~todd/stress.html

Each record in the database includes language name, basic pattern of
primary stress, references, and miscellaneous comments.  The database
may be sorted either by language name or by primary stress pattern.

I welcome information on additional languages and stress patterns, or
other additions or corrections, which will be incorporated into the
database with acknowledgement of the contributor.  I'd also appreciate
any suggestions for how to make the database more useful.

Correspondence regarding the Stress System Database should be sent
directly to me at todd.bailey at psy.ox.ac.uk

todd

Todd M. Bailey
Research Fellow, McDonnell-Pew Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience
University of Oxford

email: todd.bailey at psy.ox.ac.uk     phone: +44-1865-271404
smail: Experimental Psychology        fax: +44-1865-310447
       South Parks Road
       Oxford OX1 3PT
       United Kingdom