8.463, Qs: T-unit, Suppletive verbs, Recorders

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Apr 5 21:27:52 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-463. Sat Apr 5 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.463, Qs: T-unit, Suppletive verbs, Recorders

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 31 Mar 1997 21:00:29 +0200
From:  "Hazem I. Mansour" <mansour at dataexprs.com.eg>
Subject:  definition of T-unit

2)
Date:  Wed, 2 Apr 1997 22:49:58 -0500 (EST)
From:  ljuba at linguistlist.org
Subject:  suppletive verbs

3)
Date:  Thu, 3 Apr 1997 12:52:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:  Arienne Dwyer <dwyer at goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de>
Subject:  Digital/Analog recorders

Date:  Mon, 31 Mar 1997 21:00:29 +0200
From:  "Hazem I. Mansour" <mansour at dataexprs.com.eg>

I'm Dalia Hammoud from Egypt. My M.A. is on Lexical Cohesion. It is a
comparative study on two grades and their writing proficiency. I found
many linguists use T-unit in their analysis of their corpus. My
question is: "Why do they use T-unit rather than sentences in their
analyses? Is it more reliable? Are there any articles which define
this term 'T-unit', or tackle it in more detail? Please reply as soon
as possible.  It is EXTREMELY URGENT. Thanks in advance.

My email address is:
mansour at dataexprs.com.eg