8.1206, Jobs: Jobs in Japan, Korean Lexicographer

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Aug 21 00:40:46 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1206. Wed Aug 20 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1206, Jobs: Jobs in Japan, Korean Lexicographer

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Assistant Editor:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 20 Aug 1997 12:51:48 +0000
From:  Hiroshi Ishii <ishiiken at mn.waseda.ac.jp>
Subject:  English language teaching at Waseda University

2)
Date:  Wed, 20 Aug 97 21:21:44 0000
From:  Reymie <reymie at server.berkeley.edu>
Subject:  Position: Hamada, Japan

3)
Date:  Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:18:18 -0700
From:  Deborah Coughlin <deborahc at MICROSOFT.com>
Subject:  Job Posting: Korean Lexicographer (Microsoft)

Date:  Wed, 20 Aug 1997 12:51:48 +0000
From:  Hiroshi Ishii <ishiiken at mn.waseda.ac.jp>

There is anticipated to be a vacancy for a permanent faculty member in
the area of English language teaching in the Division of
Multidisciplinary Studies, School of Science and Engineering, Waseda
University, Tokyo starting April 1, 1998.

Qualifications:

1. Ph. D. in an appropriate field of humanities or social sciences
(including linguistics), with some teaching experience at the college
or university level.
2. Command of Japanese parallel to that of an educated native speaker.
3. Age younger than 40.
4. Availability for in-person interview in Tokyo at one's own expense.
Applications must be submitted by September 15th, 1997 by registered
mail with

1. resume (curriculum vitae)
2. addressed envelope with due postage stamps
Prof. Ayako Sato
Division of Multidisciplinary
School of Science and Engineering, Waseda University
3-4-1 Okubo, Shinjuku, Tokyo 169