8.1723, Confs: Negation-Syntax, Semantics and Pragmatics

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 1 22:23:38 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1723. Mon Dec 1 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1723, Confs: Negation-Syntax, Semantics and Pragmatics

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>
Please keep your conference announcement as short as you can; LINGUIST
will not post conference announcements which in our opinion are
excessively long.  Also, please remember that, once posted, your
announcement will be permanently available at our website:
   http://www.linguistlist.org/issues/indices/Confs1997r.html
For this reason, we discourage multiple submissions of the same
conference announcement.  Thank you for your cooperation.

         University of Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

               NORTH-WEST CENTRE FOR LINGUISTICS
                    FIRST ANNUAL CONFERENCE

          Negation: syntax, semantics and pragmatics

                 30 October - 1 November 1998

                        CALL FOR PAPERS

                       Keynote speakers:
                   Liliane Haegeman (Geneva)
                    William Ladusaw (UCSC)
                  Jean-Yves Pollock (Picardy)

Conference organiser: Paul Rowlett (Salford).

This is the first annual conference of the recently established
North-West Centre for Linguistics comprising researchers
primarily from the Universities of Bangor, Lancaster, Manchester,
Salford and UMIST and presided by Professor Nigel Vincent
(Manchester).

Abstracts should be sent to the following address as soon as
possible and no later than 30 April 1998:

Negation conference
c/o Wendy Pickles
European Studies Research Institute
University of Salford