8.169, Qs: Workbook query, Field equipment, Source

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 4 18:13:39 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-169. Tue Feb 4 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.169, Qs: Workbook query, Field equipment, Source

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 3 Feb 1997 8:06:42 -0800
From:  frommer at bus.usc.edu
Subject:  Workbook Query

2)
Date:          Mon, 03 Feb 97 08:51:07 EST
From:  Satina <SANZIAN at VM.SC.EDU>
Subject:       Field equipment

3)
Date:  Mon, 03 Feb 1997 09:59:46 -0500 (EST)
From:  janine graziano-king <jgrazia1 at email.gc.cuny.edu>
Subject:  Reference

Date:  Mon, 3 Feb 1997 8:06:42 -0800
From:  frommer at bus.usc.edu

Ed Finegan and I are revising the introductory workbook LOOKING AT
LANGUAGES (Harcourt Brace).  We would welcome ANY comments and
suggestions for improving the second edition.

Answers to these questions about the first edition would be particularly
helpful:

1. Are there sufficient exercises at various levels of difficulty, or
should the distribution be changed to include a greater number of
basic drills, for example?

2. Which exercises, if any, are too advanced or complicated for an
introductory course?

3. Would a greater number of shorter exercises be useful?

4. What about the proportion of English to foreign-language problems?

5. Are there any foreign languages that should be more fully
represented?  Less fully represented?

6. Should "How to Solve" sections for the phonology/morphology/syntax
problems be added?

7. Any suggestions to improve the ANSWER KEY for your own or your
students' use?

8. If you did not order the book for your students but used an
exercise or two that were especially helpful, which exercises were
they?

Please let us hear from you!

e-mail to Paul Frommer:	frommer at bus.usc.edu