8.177, FYI: Pidgins & creoles, Mon page, Semiotics

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 5 23:09:42 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-177. Wed Feb 5 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.177, FYI: Pidgins & creoles, Mon page, Semiotics

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:00:47 +0100 (MET)
From:  Mikael Parkvall <parkvall at ling.su.se>

Date:  Tue, 4 Feb 1997 10:56:50 -0500 (EST)
From:  George Aaron Broadwell <gb661 at csc.albany.edu>
Subject:  FYI: Web pages on Mon

3)
Date:  Tue, 4 Feb 1997 11:25:05 -0600 (CST)
From:  Simpkins Scott Keith <scotts at sol.acs.unt.edu>
Subject:  WWW semiotics course

Date:  Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:00:47 +0100 (MET)
From:  Mikael Parkvall <parkvall at ling.su.se>

Dear colleagues,

We are very pleased to finally be able to introduce CreoLIST, an
electronic mailing list for discussion on pidgins, creoles,
intertwined languages, language contact, and related subjects.

When writing this, it is about four hours since we publicly announced
the list to 150 persons with interest in the field, and we now have
about 20 subscribers. We hope that as many of you as possible will
join us. We are sure that you will find it worthwhile, and we are
convinced that it will contribute to the vitality of the debate on
language restructuring.

"%SUBSCRIBE" _in the subject line_ (and please don't forget the %).
You will then automatically receive a welcome message which provides
you with further information.

If you know others who may be interested in joining the list, please
redistribute this message to them.

See you on CreoLIST!

Best regards,

Mikael Parkvall