8.200, FYI: Mentoring project, Endangered Lg Fund

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 11 04:26:31 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-200. Mon Feb 10 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.200, FYI: Mentoring project, Endangered Lg Fund

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 9 Feb 1997 03:51:32 -0600
From:  Monica Macaulay <mmacaula at facstaff.wisc.edu>
Subject:  Mentoring project

2)
Date:  Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:49:11 -0500
From:  whalen at haskins.yale.edu
Subject:  Request for Proposals, ELF

Date:  Sun, 9 Feb 1997 03:51:32 -0600
From:  Monica Macaulay <mmacaula at facstaff.wisc.edu>

                           ANNOUNCING

                              WILMA
             (Women In Linguistics Mentoring Alliance)

                          A Project of the
          Committee on the Status of Women in Linguistics
                             (COSWL)

                   Linguistic Society of America

The goal of this project is to provide women in Linguistics (including
graduate students, faculty, women outside of academia, and
undergraduates applying to graduate school in linguistics) with
mentors to help them with general survival skills and advice.  We pair
junior women with relatively more senior women at different
institutions, creating ongoing mentoring relationships.

All women in Linguistics are eligible.  Membership in this group is
self-defined, but possible criteria include being a student or having
a degree in Linguistics (or a related field like Linguistic
Anthropology, French Linguistics, Psycholinguistics), membership in
the LSA and/or other professional Linguistics organizations, and so
on.  Our aim is to be as inclusive as possible.

For a copy of the WILMA brochure and/or questionnaire, contact:
     Monica Macaulay, mmacaula at facstaff.wisc.edu

     snail mail address:
     WILMA Project Director
     Department of Linguistics
     University of Wisconsin
     1168 Van Hise Hall
     1220 Linden Drive
     Madison, WI  53706

(Please specify whether you want the materials sent electronically or
snail-mail.)

[We're posting this to several lists; please excuse any duplicates you may
receive]