8.203, Qs: Discourse, Slavic, LaTeX, Dyslexia

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 11 14:35:40 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-203. Tue Feb 11 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.203, Qs: Discourse, Slavic, LaTeX, Dyslexia

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: T. Daniel Seely <seely at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 7 Feb 97 14:44:18 EDT
From:  BETINA CASTANO <castanob at alpha.montclair.edu>
Subject:  English discourse markers in Interlanguage

2)
Date:  Sun, 9 Feb 1997 20:55:10 -0500 (EST)
From:  kraskow at ling.upenn.edu (Tina Kraskow)
Subject:  Native speaker-Slavic

3)
Date:  Mon, 10 Feb 1997 14:26:42 -0500
From:  "Samuel L. Bayer" <sam at mitre.org>
Subject:  LaTeX macros for Garland Press dissertations?

4)
Date:  Sun, 09 Feb 1997 17:01:12 +0800
From:  MR CHIN CHUNG LING <chincl at pacific.net.sg>
Subject:  Dyslexia

Date:  Fri, 7 Feb 97 14:44:18 EDT
From:  BETINA CASTANO <castanob at alpha.montclair.edu>

I would appreciate if you could help me with information (or where to
get the information) on discourse markers in the interlanguage of
second language learners.  I'm interested in markers such as 'you
know', 'I mean', 'so', 'and', 'or', 'but', and how second language
learners use them in conversation.  My hypothesis is that second
language learners may use these markers more than native speakers, and
that they may also use them as conversation fillers (place holders).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Betina Castano