LINGUIST messages with Null Message Bodies

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 11 22:41:51 UTC 1997

Dear Subscribers:

At the present time the Listserv network seems to be experiencing
software problems.  A number of lists (including LINGUIST) are
reporting that some messages are being distributed by Listservs with
null bodies.  Only some LINGUIST subscribers are being affected by
this problem: those of you in certain parts of the Listserv network
are apparently receiving complete messages. We hope that those of you
who are being affected will bear with us until the Listserv
maintainers can fix the problem.

To ensure that all messages are distributed to all of our subscriber
list, it will be necessary for us to redistribute some messages. This
will mean that some of you may receive duplicate messages.  We
apologize for this unfortunate necessity.

The Moderators
LINGUIST