8.218, Qs: Films, brain, black dialect in class

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Feb 16 16:25:33 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-218. Sun Feb 16 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.218, Qs: Films, brain, black dialect in class

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:13:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:  MARTINEZE at cofc.edu
Subject:  Films with dialectal variations

2)
Date:  Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:49:10 -0500
From:  abbottb at pilot.msu.edu (Barbara Abbott)
Subject:  brain movies

3)
Date:  Sun, 2 Feb 1997 17:55:28 -0500 (EST)
From:  GRAYLEN TODD GRAHAM <ggraham at michiana.edu>
Subject:  Black dialect in classrooms

Date:  Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:13:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:  MARTINEZE at cofc.edu

I am teaching a dialectology class and my students are interested in films
where different dialects can be observed. One student wants to work on a
project with Irish-English, another wants to work with the French influence
in Louisiana, another with Pennsylvania Dutch and the other with creoles.
Can you list films that might be helpful to them? I would also be
interested in any films that may be used for a dialectology class. Thanks.