8.243, Qs: Spanish, Slurs, Dialectal variations

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 21 04:55:49 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-243. Thu Feb 20 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.243, Qs: Spanish, Slurs, Dialectal variations

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:21:47 -0600
From:  Ronald Ross <rross at cariari.ucr.ac.cr>
Subject:  Request for bibliography

2)
Date:  Mon, 17 Feb 1997 00:06:15 -0600
From:  pwd at rice.edu (Philip W Davis)
Subject:  Ethnic slurs & insults

3)
Date:  Sun, 16 Feb 1997 10:10:22 -0800 (PST)
From:  Paul Kiparsky <kiparsky at csli.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:  Films with dialectal variations

Date:  Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:21:47 -0600
From:  Ronald Ross <rross at cariari.ucr.ac.cr>

A student at the University of Costa Rica who does not have access to
linguist.list and wants to write her Master's thesis on some aspect of
non native acquisition of Spanish has asked me to ask the members of
the list to suggest essential bibliography in this specific area as
well as the general area of second language acquisition. She, and I,
will genuinely appreciate your assistance.  You may respond directly
to me.

Many thanks,

Ronald Ross
Department of Linguistics