8.255, Qs: Seychelles, Word frequency, Parser

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Feb 22 05:32:00 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-255. Sat Feb 22 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.255, Qs: Seychelles, Word frequency, Parser

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:36:48 -0500 (EST)
From:  Allen Ray Klanika <aklanika at indiana.edu>
Subject:  Seychelles Creole

2)
Date:  Mon, 17 Feb 1997 20:18:40 -0800
From:  RJ Cooper <rj at rjcooper.com>
Subject:  5000 most commonly used english words

3)
Date:  Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:12:18 -1000
From:  Anne Sing <annes at htdc.org>
Subject:  Ergo Parser

Date:  Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:36:48 -0500 (EST)
From:  Allen Ray Klanika <aklanika at indiana.edu>

Greetings!

Could anyone tell me where to find references on Seychelles Creole?  I
am interested in the Standardization processes, including how the
Seychellois decided on a writing system, and how this helped the
creole become adopted as an official language.

Thanks for the help,
Allen KLANIKA
aklanika at indiana.edu
(812) 825-6736