8.268, Qs: CDs, Indo-European, Russian frequency

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 24 19:56:00 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-268. Mon Feb 24 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.268, Qs: CDs, Indo-European, Russian frequency

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:04:10 -0800 (PST)
From:  Aaron Fox <aaf at u.washington.edu>
Subject:  Query: CD ROMS for Linguistics?

2)
Date:  Sat, 22 Feb 97 14:56:01 +0000
From:  Patrick Juola <patrick.juola at psy.ox.ac.uk>
Subject:  Taxonomic structure of Indo-European?

3)
Date:  Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:34:07 +0000
From:  Mike Ford <m.ford at psychology.bbk.ac.uk>
Subject:  Russian Frequency Count

Date:  Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:04:10 -0800 (PST)
From:  Aaron Fox <aaf at u.washington.edu>

Dear Colleagues

I am looking for recommendations for high-quality MULTIMEDIA CD-ROMS
dealing with linguistics, linguistic anthropology, sociolinguistics,
etc.  I'm especially interested in sources of many choices, so
catalogs or distributors with strong lists would be great, esp. those
accessible on the WWW.  Reports of your experiences teaching with
particular CD-ROMS or the technology in general are also welcome.

I would be very grateful if you could also share whatever ordering
information you have for your recommendations (e.g., a phone number,
web or email address, price range, etc.)

I am interested in CDs dealing with any and all approaches to
language, but especially in clear presentations of cognitive
linguistics and interesting presentations of language/culture
interfaces.

I will post a summary to the list if I receive useful responses.
Thank you very much, in advance.

Aaron A. Fox
Anthropology/Music
Univ. of Washington