8.10, Sum: Lists on ethnomethodology and socioling

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 15 15:49:11 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-10. Wed Jan 15 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.10, Sum: Lists on ethnomethodology and socioling

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 10 Jan 1997 06:20:06 GMT
From:  pkbdg at ibm.net
Subject:  summary maillists for ca/ethnomethodology and sociolinguistics

Date:  Fri, 10 Jan 1997 06:20:06 GMT
From:  pkbdg at ibm.net

On Sat, 21 Dec 1996 I asked for information about maillists or
newsgroups, which specially deal with sociolinguistics,
conversational analysis, discourse analysis, ethnomethodology and/or
questions of inter/crosscultural communication.  There seem not to
be too many lists, but anyway, that's what came as answers.
Thanks to those, who shared their information.

WEBPAGE
ethno/ca newsletter: http://www.pscw.uva.nl/emca/index.htm
>>From here one can find some really good pages.

*COMSERVE'S ETHNO HOTLINE*
you can subscribe by sending a "mailto:COMSERVE at CIOS.LLC.RPI.EDU"
JOIN ETHNO FIRSTNAME LASTNAME to [COMSERVE at CIOS.LLC.RPI.EDU].

If you have any difficulty, you may contact the
"SUPPORT at CIOS.LLC.RPI.EDU" at [SUPPORT at CIOS.LLC.RPI.EDU]. Address your
"ETHNO at cios.llc.rpi.edu" contributions to <ETHNO at cios.llc.rpi.edu> and
it will be distributed worldwide.

LANG-USE Maillist
Instructions for subscribing to LANG-USE:
"mailto:listserv at vm.temple.edu" On the first line in the message area,
write: "sub lang-use your_name" (leaving out the "!)  The listserve
will ask you to confirm your subscription.

LINGANTH List, the Linguistic Anthropology Discussion Group
mail to "Majordomo at cc.rochester.edu" with the following command in the
body of your email message: subscribe linganth <your e-mail address>
[I am not shure about that, if it doesn=B4t work try your name]

Peter Kistler
German Department, Faculty of Letters,
Universitas Padjadjaran
Bandung, Indonesia