8.43, Qs: Neologism, Field work, Postmodernism

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 17 20:09:57 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-43. Fri Jan 17 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.43, Qs: Neologism, Field work, Postmodernism

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 16 Jan 1997 21:55:18 +0900
From:  kenjiro at ue.ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp (N o s t a l g i a)
Subject:  Neologism  reference wanted

2)
Date:  Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:15:51 -0500 (EST)
From:  "Daniel L. Everett" <dever at verb.linguist.pitt.edu>
Subject:  Monolingual field work

3)
Date:  Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:54:45 -0700 (MST)
From:  Bill Eggington <eggingtw at jkhbhrc.byu.edu>
Subject:  linguistics and postmodernism

Date:  Thu, 16 Jan 1997 21:55:18 +0900
From:  kenjiro at ue.ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp (N o s t a l g i a)

Hi,

Sorry for extremely fuzzy clues, but I am now looking for this
particular paper that (1) dealt with neologism in English, (2) taking
data from the Times (a British newspaper) and (3) was published within
last ten years.  Someone mentioned the paper to me last summer, but he
was not able to give me the exact reference and my desperate search
began. Given the fact that he is a rather techie humanist, it is also
likely that the Times data comes from some kind of an electronic
corpus. If these three fuzzy sets ever ring a bell, please write to me
directly at kenjiro at ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp.

Thanks a lot,

Kenjiro Matsuda$B!"(BPh. D.
  Faculty of Integrated Sciences
    Hiroshima University
        Higashi Hiroshima, Hiroshima, JAPAN 739
Tel. +81-824-24-6434 [OFFICE]
Fax.: +81-824-24-0755 [DEPARTMENT OFFICE]
Email: kenjiro at ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Homepage: http://www.ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~kenjiro