8.144, FYI: New Society, New Society, Conf list

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 31 14:17:25 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-144. Fri Jan 31 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.144, FYI: New Society, New Society, Conf list

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: T. Daniel Seely <seely at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 29 Jan 97 11:52:40 +0300
From:  "Vadim B. Kasevich" <kasevich at vbk.usr.pu.ru>
Subject:  New Linguistic Society

2)
Date:  Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:22:37 +1100 (EST)
From:  Catherine Browning <cebro at yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
Subject:  CMC Bibliography

3)
Date:  Fri, 31 Jan 1997 11:52:43 +1000 (EST)
From:  peterw at lingua.cltr.uq.oz.au (Peter White)
Subject:  February `97 conference list

Date:  Wed, 29 Jan 97 11:52:40 +0300
From:  "Vadim B. Kasevich" <kasevich at vbk.usr.pu.ru>

                       ANNOUNCING THE FORMATION
                                  of
               THE LINGUISTIC SOCIETY OF ST. PETERSBURG

President: Lyudmila Verbitskaya
Vice-president: Vadim Kasevich
Secretary: Yuri Kleiner
Treasurer: Sergey Bogdanov

Executive Board
     Valery Berkov,  Alexander  Bondarko,   Liya   Bondarko,   Anatoly
Domashnev,  Viktor  Khrakovsky,  Askold Muratov,  Margarita Sabaneeva,
Ivan Steblin-Kamenskij, Nikolai Vakhtin.

The Linguistic Society of St. Petersburg is an organization devoted to
the advancement of knowledge on all fields of linguistics,  which will
be effected through a series of workshops and  seminars  and  eventual
publications.

The founding meeting of the Society took place in St. Petersburg on 10
December 1996,  at which time the Constitution  was  accepted  by  the
membership.

Article 3.1  of  the  Constitution reads,  "Any citizen of the Russian
Federation or other state,  as well as a person  withoun  citizenship,
concerned with    scholarly   activities,   irrspective   of   his/her
profession, job or position ... can be a member of the Society.

For more information write to  kleiner at yka.usr.pu.ru