8.981, Qs: Deictic localization, Psycholing, Xhosa

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 2 04:26:12 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-981. Wed Jul 2 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.981, Qs: Deictic localization, Psycholing, Xhosa

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 30 Jun 1997 19:03:52 +0200 (MEST)
From:  Matthias Deja <mdeja at hal.CL-KI.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE>
Subject:  Request for material about deictic localization / local cases

2)
Date:  Mon, 30 Jun 1997 12:34:34 EST
From:  "DAVID WHARTON" <whartond at FAGAN.UNCG.EDU>
Subject:  ambiguity in psycholinguistics

3)
Date:  Mon, 30 Jun 1997 16:17:10 -0500
From:  Michelle Moosally <michelm at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Subject:  Xhosa speakers?  Coordinate Structure Resources?

Date:  Mon, 30 Jun 1997 19:03:52 +0200 (MEST)
From:  Matthias Deja <mdeja at hal.CL-KI.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE>

We are working on two articles for the Handbook of Typology:

1) deictic localization (expressions like "here", "there", "left",
"downstairs" etc.),

2) local cases,

Of course, we already took notice of basic texts about these problems,
but if anyone has any additional information of the following kind,
please let us know:
a) exotic phenomena in these fields,
b) interesting material from lesser known languages,
c) studies that are of special interest, but may pass unnoticed,
d) latest or forthcoming publications (1997).

Please, contact us directly (esp. if you work in one of these fields
yourself or if you have interesting findings or material).

Martin Haase
Matthias Deja
- -
mdeja at cl-ki.uni-osnabrueck.de