8.1048, Qs: Tabassaran, Negation, Socioling

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jul 13 04:00:31 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1048. Sat Jul 12 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1048, Qs: Tabassaran, Negation, Socioling

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Assistant Editor:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 08 Jul 1997 18:51:24 +0200
From:  Piller <fs7a001 at rrz.uni-hamburg.de>
Subject:  Query: TABASSARAN / case

2)
Date:  Tue, 8 Jul 1997 15:43:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:  The American College of Greece Faculty <dereef at hol.gr>
Subject:  WORKING ON NEGATION

3)
Date:  Wed, 9 Jul 1997 15:25:47 +0100
From:  Waruno Mahdi <mahdi at fhi-berlin.mpg.de>
Subject:  Q: Double-Dutch and Youthese

Date:  Tue, 08 Jul 1997 18:51:24 +0200
From:  Piller <fs7a001 at rrz.uni-hamburg.de>

Hi,

just read that the North Caucasian language TABASSARAN (or: TABASARAN,
TABASARANTSY, GHUMGHUM) has 52 cases. Is that true? Does anyone have
further information? Which language has the largest number of cases?
Thanks for any input, IP

-
	Dr. Ingrid Piller
Seminar fuer Englische Sprache und Kultur
Universitaet Hamburg
Von-Melle-Park 6
D - 20146 HAMBURG
phone: 	+49-40-4123-4855