8.1081, Qs: Book, OCR Software, Backward Binding

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 23 22:09:02 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1081. Wed Jul 23 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1081, Qs: Book, OCR Software, Backward Binding

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Assistant Editor:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:46:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:  Johanna Rubba <jrubba at polymail.calpoly.edu>
Subject:  Book search

2)
Date:  Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:15:04 -0400
From:  David Beck <dbeck at chass.utoronto.ca>
Subject:  OCR Software

3)
Date:  Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:51:20 +0100 (GMT+0100)
From:  agle at cervantes.es
Subject:  Query on Backward Binding

Date:  Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:46:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:  Johanna Rubba <jrubba at polymail.calpoly.edu>

I am trying to get my hands on a copy of a textbook that was published
by Harcourt Brace Jovanovich in 1985 and is now out of print and
permanently out of stock, acc. to HBJ's phone rep. It's called
_Writing Step by Step_ and is by Robert de Beaugrande. Some of you may
be familiar with his 1984 article that sets out a little bit of a
methodology for teaching grammar concepts and analysis skills using
the English competence of the students, "Forward to the basics:
Getting down to grammar" fom 1984's CCC journal. The book's ISBN # is
0155982583.

I have not found it in any of the U of CA online library catalogs, nor
the Cal State libraries that I can access online, nor the Library of
Congress (though I may have botched that search!)

If anyone knows of a source of this book, or has a spare copy they
could send me (I will take very good care of it!), please get in
touch.

Thanks!
Johanna

Johanna Rubba	Assistant Professor, Linguistics              ~
English Department, California Polytechnic State University   ~
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407                                     ~
Tel. (805)-756-2184  E-mail: jrubba at polymail.calpoly.edu      ~