8.1099, TOC: LLT vol. 1, no. 1

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jul 27 04:48:03 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1099. Sun Jul 27 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1099, TOC: LLT vol. 1, no. 1

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Assistant Editor:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Dear LLT subscribers,

We are happy to announce that Vol. 1, No. 1 of _Language Learning &
Technology_ is now available at <http://polyglot.cal.msu.edu/llt>.  This is
a special issue on "Language Learning & Technology: Defining the Research
Agenda," and the contents are listed below.

Thank you for your support for LLT.  We welcome your submissions  of
articles, reviews, and commentaries for vol. 1, no. 2  and future issues as
well.  Please see our page on "Information for Contributors" or contact me
if you have any questions about a possible submission.
  --Mark Warschauer, Editor
      llt-editor at hawaii.edu

**Feature Articles:

CALL in the Year 2000: Still in Search of Research Paradigms?
By Carol Chapelle

Computers in Language Testing: Present Research and Some Future Directions
by James Dean Brown

Research on Text Comprehension in Multimedia Environments
by Dorothy M. Chun & Jan L. Plass

Processes and Outcomes in Networked ClassroomInteraction: Defining the
Research Agenda for L2 Computer-Assisted Classroom Discussion
by Lourdes Ortega

**Reviews:

HAL's Legacy: 2001's Computer as Dream and Reality, David Stork (Ed.)
Reviewed by Philip Hubbard

The Power of CALL, Martha Pennington (Ed.)
Reviewed by Charles Kisner

Star Festival, Botticelli Interactive
Reviewed by Tomo Yanagimachi

**Columns:

>>From the Editor
Welcome to LLT
by Mark Warschauer

On the Net
Language Education and Learning Disabilities
by Jean W. LeLoup & Robert Ponterio

Emerging Technologies
Real-time Audio and Video Playback on the Web
by Bob Godwin-Jones