8.889, Qs: Arabic/Korean, Morphology, Theta Grid

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jun 18 13:33:34 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-889. Wed Jun 18 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.889, Qs: Arabic/Korean, Morphology, Theta Grid

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:36:51 -0400
From:  "M.-L. Hannan [TAO]" <hannan at citi.doc.ca>
Subject:  Arabic and Korean corpora

2)
Date:  Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:40:49 +0100 (BST)
From:  Daniel Nettle <daniel.nettle at merton.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject:  Appeal: Inflectional Morphology Database

3)
Date:  Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:59:52 +0300 (EEST)
From:  fred at kirjasto.kaarina.fi (F.Baube)
Subject:  Theta Grid DB for English ?

Date:  Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:36:51 -0400
From:  "M.-L. Hannan [TAO]" <hannan at citi.doc.ca>

Hello,

I am a researcher in computational linguistics with a Canadian reserach
team. We are currently looking for large corpora of electronic text in
both Arabic and Korean (around 3MB of each) for the purposes of our
research in building statistical language models. The subject of the
text is not important, but since a large quantity is required, a
literature source might be ideal.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could point me towards any ftp-able
archives that might be pertinent.

Thank you in advance,

-  Marie-Louise Hannan
   Reseracher, Group TAO
   Centre for Information Technology Innovation
   Montreal, Canada